June 25, 2013

Market 707 - Gushi, Kim's A La Cart, Kanto

Market 707 is where international street food are presented out of retrofitted shipping containers. 


First stall I tried was Gushi, serving up Japanese rice bowls and deep fried skewers. Opted to try the skewers since I was going to be ordering from other stalls as well.

3 skewers for $5, I got the quail egg, sweet potato and pork. The breading of the skewer was light and crunchy. Pretty sure they used panko bread crumbs. I like the pork skewer the least of the three. The sweet potato was perfectly fried, crunchy on the outside and sweet in the inside. The quail egg was just egg with a crunchy coating.

Gushi on Urbanspoon

 Next up is Kim's a La cart, I have visited their Yonge and Finch location a long long time ago for the sweet fish cake desserts.


Got the rice cake, chicken curry demplings, gim-mari and Korean vegetable pancake. The pancake was not tasty because it was really grainy inside with no taste. My favorite was the pan fried rice cake since I have an obsession with chewy things. The gim-mari was a deep fried seaweed with Korean starch noodles inside. It was alright. The curry chicken dumpling wasn't that great either. The filling was minced chicken and starch noodles.


Korean A-la-cart on Urbanspoon

Kanto is last of the food stall I tried and they serve up Filipino food. I never had Filipino food and wasn't sure what to expect.


I ended up ordering the palabok. Word of advice, don't stand near the window too long or else you will end up smelling like oil and kitchen afterwards, hahaha. The taste of palabok was interesting. I can't decide if I like it or not. It's worth a try next time you are in the area.

Kanto on Urbanspoon

1 comment: